Wow patch stuck on updating setup files

30-Aug-2016 12:07

I just keeps telling me there's no internet connection, but the weird thing is that it loads the news panel in the launcher. I'm still getting the long lag between initialization and the opening screen, and then the error message that says I am unable to connect. I have tried everything that ppl have suggested to get the launcher files updating to get past the 70% mark and none of them are working.

I've been downloading the beta for some days now (few hours per day) and when I closed the downloader, shut down the pc to go to sleep, I got stuck on "Updating setup files....." the next morning when I tried to continue the downloader.

This should solve the issue with the setup files and you will get the launcher running.

When you get to the launcher one of two things can happen.

Progress bar will occasionaly jump ahead, then jump back.

Sometimes I can see 'loading launcher' or 'updating launcher' or some-such, the text flashes for a second so not sure exactly what it says. -Allowing it to 'update' for over 4 hours does nothing noticeable, no change in progress bar.-Deleted all Addons, did not resolve.-Tried deleting the Agent folder in program data, did not resolve.-Tried deleting the whole folder in program data, did not resolve.-Running 'wow.exe', 'World of Warcraft Launcher.exe', and 'Wow-64.exe' as administrator had no effect.-Tried deleting 'World of Warcraft Launcher.exe' Log in screen loads, when attempting to log in, states a wow needs to be closed to apply a patch, clicking restart does not close wow, and a 'failed to patch' error displays over the log in screen.-Deleting 'wow.exe' and 'Wow-64.exe' and running 'World of Warcraft Launcher.exe' results in the same primary issue.-Deleting contents of the 'Updates' folder has no effect.-Disabled Avast and spyware checkers, did not resolve.--Running out of ideas to try.-Starcraft 2 update screen will load and is currently downloading an update, prehaps this will force the blizzard launcher to repair/reset?

You're browsing the Game FAQs Message Boards as a guest.

wow patch stuck on updating setup files-5wow patch stuck on updating setup files-1

Suggestions on how to fix this, so I can continue downloading the Beta? (For windows)First of all, rename the downloaded file to "World of Warcraft Beta Setup.exe", then launch as administrator.

Now, the setup file stalls around 70% shortly after the launch indefinitely during the "Updating Setup Files" part.

I let it run all night long, and when I checked in the morning it was obvious to me nothing was being downloading because my harddrive space was exactly the same.

first off when 5.0 came out i had the OPs problem every time, i eventually right clicked and did "troubleshoot compabibility" and got it to work that way.

today i got tired of doing that and wiped all the wow files off of my computer and now i cant re-install it because of this same "updating set-up files..." issue!

Suggestions on how to fix this, so I can continue downloading the Beta? (For windows)First of all, rename the downloaded file to "World of Warcraft Beta Setup.exe", then launch as administrator.

Now, the setup file stalls around 70% shortly after the launch indefinitely during the "Updating Setup Files" part.

I let it run all night long, and when I checked in the morning it was obvious to me nothing was being downloading because my harddrive space was exactly the same.

first off when 5.0 came out i had the OPs problem every time, i eventually right clicked and did "troubleshoot compabibility" and got it to work that way.

today i got tired of doing that and wiped all the wow files off of my computer and now i cant re-install it because of this same "updating set-up files..." issue!

Here is what I've tried that does not work: Going into Macintosh HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash Go to Macintosh HD/Users/your username/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with Wo WDeleting trash and restarting computer before relaunching setup Actually, I was able to figure out the problem!!